Friday 20 January 2012

Sew Kindley

I made this Kindle case for husband when we got married.

Nice handmade Kindle case :)

It was fairly straightforward to make; just a long quilted rectangle which you then double back on itself to make the pouch, leaving a flap for the 'lid'. A good button is essential in these situations and I chose a wooden one for husband because when he met he was rather, hmm, backward when it came to technology and insisted he did not want a mobile phone because they were made of plastic and were not available in more quality materials (which apparently included wood). Unfortunately his moral stance has since eroded and he now has an impressive Apple habit, but I thought he might appreciate the sentiment.

I used a nice bit of binding tape to join the two fabrics I used. Birds featured quite a bit at our wedding so this was a nice way to tie in the weddingy theme without being overly girly.



He seems to like it. The Kindle lives in there, in any case. Hehehe!



Happy Friday everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great little pouch, I love the hidden little birds. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Thanks Kelly :) I have run out of the little birds tape now and am a bit sad. Have got some with owls on, but just not quite the same! Funny how pleasing things like that can be. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this pouch. The lining fabric is even more gorgeous than the blue (although I can imagine you got it the right way round for Phil!). You'll have to give me sewing lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Cate! Come to Bath! I'm pleased you like it.. and yes, I was trying to be manly on the outside!! xxx

    ReplyDelete