Tuesday 19 July 2011

Country life

I know I live in a city. It does feel very countrified though, compared to Woolwich. I was lying in bed last night thinking about how life has changed since we left London. I have also changed. Am less anxious generally. Pleased about that! Here is a list of things that are different.
  • The kitchen has more than one square foot of work surface. We can cook actual meals.
  • Seating 10 people round the dining table is achievable and cooking for them does not involve balancing roasting trays on top of dishes on the floor.
  • The dining table is a permanent item and does not need to be dragged into the middle of the living room to extend a flap when there are more than three people trying to eat
  • Guests sitting at the dining table do not have to sit on piles of cushions on the sofa a la booster seats
  • We own two sledges and have enough storage that I do not see them, stub my toe on them and curse them every day
  • We own two sledges!
  • I am interested in what the weather is doing as this affects what I might want to do
  • I have eaten a vegetable from my garden
  • I have a garden!
  • We went to Glastonbury and got home within 45 minutes
  • We went to Glastonbury and left our two front sash windows open about a foot each
  • We went to Glastonbury and left our two front sash windows open about a foot each, got home within 45 minutes and NOBODY HAD STOLEN ANYTHING!
  • The neighbours know our names
  • The neighbours smile at us
  • The neighbours do not seem to be selling packets of anything to people who roll up in cars with blacked-out windows
  • I see bf a lot more :o)
There are downsides, but there are definate upsides to being in the bath!

Take care chaps

3 comments:

  1. I love the bloggery goodness. Keep it up! :-) john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John! Perhaps next yr u guys will Join in toon- you might have a bit more free time plus some good stuff to update us on!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are enjoying living in Bath. It is a lovely city :-)
    I am not a London girl. It is way too noisy and crowded for me.

    ReplyDelete