Friday 3 June 2011

Perils of the library

So I used to write this blog whilst on the train. However, I recently discovered a library full of joyous books RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO WHERE I WORK. This means that I am now absorbed in my favourite trashy fiction for the entire journey. The entire should-be-one-hour-but-is-in-reality-1.5h-though-we-don't-admit-it so-you-can't-bring-yourself-to-accept-it journey, thank you First 'Great' Western. I have recently taken to affectionately calling the train company 'First Late Western', and something a little shorter when I'm really angry with them. Anyhow. Gives me more time for reading so that is nice!

The train that I get from the little station where I work is a little tiny train which goes into the main station where I change to get back to Bath. There are some eccentric characters there, and some very smart gentlemen as well. Here is a picture of my train neighbour yesterday; I am sure I don't need to tell you which category he falls into.

I hope you have some good plans for the weekend. We are going cycling with my parents and some of bf's family. A bit like Enid Blyton, possibly. There is a large range of ages and fitness amongst both the people and the bikes so it should be good fun! I will tell you about it after the weekend.

Finally, look, here is a really beautiful plant that I gave to my mum and dad the other day. I had never seen anything like it. Little golden pouches which glowed and swayed in the sunlight and had dustings of red on them. Ahh.


See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your weekend in the sunshine!
    Also what library are you talking about? I NEED to know.

    ReplyDelete